Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BIO

Since I can remember I have been an athlete. I am willing to admit that I wasn’t necessarily always good. According to my parents, when I first started playing soccer I just ran around following the girl I had heard others say was the best. When I tried out for my first AAU basketball team, I was the last girl picked. But, there was one thing no one could deny, I loved to play. Because of that, throughout the years I have managed to turn it around through my dedication, hard work and passion for sports. I played on every team I possibly could, and discovered I have a true love for the game… no matter what sport it is. By high school I narrowed down the many sports I was playing to focus specifically on basketball. I became our teams leading scorer and received awards such as Division III Player of the Year. Unfortunately, during the perfect (undefeated) season, a knee injury kept me from playing in the state tournament my senior year. After surgery, I came back and played college basketball but then suffered almost the same injury to the opposite knee. Now that my injuries are keeping me off the court, I have decided to embrace the sidelines. While my passion for the game leaves me considering the idea of playing again, I am chasing after another passion of mine that I discovered. If I can’t be in the game, I want to report on it, and I hope to eventually trade in my Nike’s for a microphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment